While you sleep at home, your car does it in the garage. And your belongings such as suitcases, bicycle, clothes from other seasons that bulge a lot at home or the wine you want to keep best, spend the night and day in the storage room. Do you know if you have all that insured?
Some home insurances consider garage and storage as parts of the home, others consider it an additional coverage that covers the goods in garages and storage rooms. On the other hand, there are also community insurances that, since garage and storage spaces are defined as common areas, they also cover it. But did you know under what circumstances? Do you know what those two insurance are like?
What should you take into account to secure your garage and storage room?
- First of all, it is essential that you know if the storage room is included in your home insurance or it should be contracted as an extra, since it depends on the insurance company
- Secondly, it is also essential that you inform yourself if the community covers the storage rooms and garages for: either not to hire it in your home insurance if it is an additional coverage or hire it because you want better coverage than the insurance offered by the community. In any case, it is important to look at this point
- In addition, it is important to know that normally the storage rooms and garages that are covered in the home or community policies must be in the same building as the house.
- It is also essential that you inform yourself about the limits established by the insurer to protect the contents of the storage room properly
- On the other hand, you should know what coverages are included in the policy, for example, is the theft covered or the damages suffered due to floods?
- Finally, in the case of the garage, it is important that you verify how many vehicles can or are included in the coverage. Many times in the same place a vehicle and a motorcycle park. This information will be relevant to not be in a situation of under insurance